Please select a date
Adding product to your cart
At this experience you will learn greetings and manners of nihon-buyō (Japanese performing art of dance) Shinkawa School.
The Shinkawa School includes the teaching of a wide range of styles, from classical nihon-buyō to Kabuki and O-bon dances.
Head of Shinkawa School Senō Shinkawa will carefully guide the participants so that children, students and also elderly people can enjoy the lesson.
She will also teach you how to dress, walk and pose with kimono or yukata.
Let's join us to a unique experience on Japanese traditional dance!
The lesson is recommended at all those who:
· Are interested in Japanese Traditional Dance.
· Want to learn Japanese “beautiful manners”.
· Want to experience the fascination of Japanese culture.
· Want to learn how to wear kimono or yukata.
Yukata rental available!
Yukata set rental option available.
Return it by 18:00 and sightseeing Tsukiji and Ginza wearing traditional yukata also after the lesson.
Luggage storage available, so you can enjoy a walk empty-handed!
Discount for children!
Children under 16 years old can participate accompanied by a guardian for only ¥3,250.
The teacher is a highly qualified childcare supporter.
Japanese sweets and tea included!
After the experience, enjoy Tsukiji's famous confectionery and tea made in Kyūshū.
This experience is supported by an interpreter guide.
Languages available: English, Korean, Italian.
Senō Shinkawa - Japanese Performing Art Dancer
About 90 minutes
WActivity JAPAN - Tsukiji Studio
6-3-9 Tsukiji, Chūō-ku, Tokyo 104-0045
4 minutes' walk from Tsukiji Station (Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line)
From 3 to 100 years old
Child (under 16) ¥3,250
Experience fee, consumption tax, tools, sweets and tea
▶ Yukata set (yukata, obi, 2 strings, socks)
・ Rental during lesson ¥2,000
・ Rental until 18:00 ¥5,000
▶ Footwear (outdoor) ¥2,000
* You cannot choose the pattern or color.
* Advance reservation is required. Please apply by 17:00 two days before the activity date.
* Rental fee will be settled locally (credit card / QR code payment only).
② How to Wear Kimono
③ Lecture on Greetings and Manners
④ Japanese Traditional Dance Practice
⑤ Photo Shoot and How to Pose with Kimono
⑥ Tea Time
⑦ Change Clothes and Ending
From 1 to 12 people
Nothing in particular.
· Clothes easy to wear.
· Kimono or yukata if you have (changing room available in the studio).
· Tabi or socks.
· Please come at the studio 10 minutes before the activity starts.
· If you are late your participation may be denied.
· The experience takes place on the second floor of the building accessible only by stairs.
· The first floor of the building is designated as PCR center.
Cancellation policy after the order is completed will be applied in the following cases.
Until 2 days before: 5%
Previous day: 100%
Same day: 100%
Nonparticipation cancellation: 100%
The event may be canceled due to unavoidable reasons such as the teacher's physical condition.