Please select a date
Adding product to your cart
How many people have had the pleasure of seeing a live Shintō ritual?
At this experience you can meet a real Shrine Maiden (miko) and attend a ceremonial dance (mikomai) right here in our studio in Tsukiji, Tokyo.
Originally, it was thought that the god descended on the dancing miko by expressing itself in the form of an oracle.
Then, the Shrine Maiden became one with the god and therefore with nature.
Gods (kami) and nature are an essential bond of Shintō religion and the miko plays an essential role in Japanese tradition.
The Shrine Maiden also perfectly expressed the concepts of “respect for deity” and “beautiful manners” that Japanese people have always cherished since ancient times.
Discover the Beauty of Mikomai
In this experience, a former professional Shrine Maiden instructor will carefully teach the ABC of the ceremonial dance.
After an introductory performance by the instructor, you will delve into the origin and history of the Shrine Maiden dance, its meaning and variants (Toyosakamai, Urayasumai).
The lesson is recommended at all those who:
· Are interested in Shrine Maiden’s Ceremonial Dance.
· Want to learn Japanese “beautiful manners”.
· Want to experience the fascination of Japanese culture.
· Like shrine and tradition.
· Want to know more about Shintō.
· Want to meet directly a real Shrine Maiden.
Anyone interested in learning more about Japanese culture and spirituality is welcome!
This experience is supported by an interpreter guide.
Languages available: English, Korean, Italian.
Suzune Asami - Former Professional Shrine Maiden
About 75 minutes
From 6 to 80 years old
¥5,800 per person
Experience fee, consumption tax
② Shrine Maiden’s Ceremonial Dance Performance
③ Lecture on Origin, History and Meaning of Shrine Maiden’s Ceremonial Dance
④ Lecture on Toyosakamai and Urayasumai
⑤ Ceremonial Dance Practice
From 1 to 50 people
Nothing in particular
· WActivity JAPAN uses Zoom online platform for video conferencing.
· Download free Zoom software (https://zoom.us) to your own computer, tablet or mobile device.
· After the reservation is completed, we will send you the URL, meeting ID and passcode via email.
· Log in to Zoom 5 minutes before the start time and check the video/audio settings.
· To prevent howling, we recommend using headphones/earphones.
· If you are late your participation may be denied.