Explore the fascinating world of Shodō, the traditional Japanese Calligraphy Art with hundreds of years of history!
Master of Shodō Kōji Takano has improved the ability to convey the deepest emotions of the human soul through the calligraphic improvisation process.
In his career he gave comfort to more than 30,000 people, transferring the impressions originated from their inner selves to paper.
Takano sensei will teach you a personal approach to Calligraphy that consists in express yourself in a totally free artistic process, expanding your creativity and your originality to give life to a very unique piece of art.
Kanji are not just signs, but characters that assume multiple significance in different contexts. The meaning of each kanji increases, changes, and gets new nuances over time.
You will not simply learn to write the characters in the correct sequence, but you will have a chance to expand your own imagination to shape your personal vision of what the words convey.
Join us and discover the secrets of Shodō Art!
About 90 minutes
From 6 to 99 years old
¥3,000 per person
Experience fee, consumption tax
② Lecture on Shodō Art
③ Warming Up
A first approach to the basic Calligraphy techniques where we will practice drawing circles and lines exerting more or less pressure to give different vitality to the brushstrokes.
Consultation to dig into our inner selves and discover our hidden feelings.
⑤ Writing Practice
⑥ Write Your Favorite Words in Kanji
We will practice writing your favorite words in Japanese, sharing our thoughts and emotions.
⑦ Write Your Name in Kanji
Takano sensei will convert your name in Japanese. Then, following his advice, we will transform it into something exclusive.
Number of participants allowed
From 1 to 50 people
If you wish to make a reservation for a date not scheduled in the calendar, you can request the availability for a "One-on-One Lesson".
What you will need
· Writing brush
· Paints, crayons, oil pastels or colored pencils
· Small plate for the ink
· Heavy-weight watercolor paper, copy paper, drawing paper or kent paper
(in Japan there is a 24.3x33.3 cm paper specially used for calligraphy called hanshi)
· Red or colored pen for the signature
(instead of rakkan: Japanese personal stamp on red ink)
How to participate in the online experience
· WActivity JAPAN uses Zoom online platform for video conferencing.
· Download free Zoom software (https://zoom.us) to your own computer, tablet or mobile device.
· After the reservation is completed, we will send you the URL, meeting ID and passcode via email.
· Customers who have set up to receive emails will be contacted at the entered email address.
· Log in to Zoom 5 minutes before the start time and check the video/audio settings.
· To prevent howling, we recommend using headphones/earphones.
· If you are late your participation may be denied.
This experience is a hybrid-format of entertainment connecting virtual (Zoom) and real (Tsukiji Studio, Tokyo) activities at the same time.
Cancellation policy after the order is completed will be applied in the following cases.
Until 2 days before: 5%
Previous day: 100%
Same day: 100%
Nonparticipation cancellation: 100%
The event may be canceled due to unavoidable reasons such as the teacher's physical condition.