Please select a date
Adding product to your cart
We will create a small world on a tray combining Ikebana, the traditional Japanese Art of Flower Arrangement, and Zen Garden philosophy!
Through Mindfulness practice, we will learn a more aware spatial comprehension and how to convey our inner universe into a very personal creation.
Sumire sensei will teach you history and philosophy of Ikebana and Zen Garden (karesansui). Then, using the flowers and objects you have chosen, you will give life to your personal micro universe in a totally unlimited process.
Ikebana and Zen Garden represent the balance of the universe consisting of heaven, earth and people.
Only when the silence of the mind, concentration, and sensibility are in perfect harmony, we can completely express ourselves and create something surprising.
Use any object around you and join us to discover together the deep world of Spatial Decoration!
Sumire - Installation Artist
About 90 minutes
From 6 to 99 years old
¥3,000 per person
Experience fee, consumption tax
② Lecture on Ikebana and Zen Garden Origins
③ Lecture on Mindfulness
Mindfulness is the practice of bringing one's attention to what is occurring in the “present moment”.
④ Ikebana Practice
⑤ Zen Garden Practice
From 4 to 50 people
Ikebana - materials and tools
· Flowers 2～3 stalks
· Branches and leaves 2～3
· Kenzan: needle point holder using in flower arrangement
(if you do not have it you can use a paper cup and some cellophane tape)
· Small plate, tea cup or mug (with a proper depth for the kenzan)
· Florist scissors (if you do not have it you can use any other scissors)
Zen Garden - materials and tools
· White sand (if you do not have it you can use salt) quantity for 2/3 of the tray
· Any object you like (for example: fruits, vegetables, shells, moss, but also a light bulb, a can, etc.)
· 4 teeth small rake (if you do not have it you can use a fork)
· T shape craft rake (if you do not have it you can use a pen)
· WActivity JAPAN uses Zoom online platform for video conferencing.
· Download free Zoom software (https://zoom.us) to your own computer, tablet or mobile device.
· After the reservation is completed, we will send you the URL, meeting ID and passcode via email.
· Customers who have set up to receive emails will be contacted at the entered email address.
· Log in to Zoom 5 minutes before the start time and check the video/audio settings.
· To prevent howling, we recommend using headphones/earphones.
· If you are late your participation may be denied.
This experience is a hybrid-format of entertainment connecting virtual (Zoom) and real (Tsukiji Studio, Tokyo) activities at the same time.